Monday, December 26, 2011

Lasso the Moon

Even though I hate where I live, I find little things about it that I love. I love the little plaza by my house where I spend hours there by myself or with friends and know a lot of the employees that work there. I love being able to go to the beach whenever I want to and hanging out at the little coffee shop nearby. There's a cove-like area a walking distance from my home where I always go to just be by myself or write. It's the little idiosyncrasies like that that make me miss home. However, even the places I hold dear to my heart are not enough to keep me here. I am currently on my way to Oregon (three hour layover ugh) and I can't help but feel anticipatory for all the adventures I'm going to have. This is exactly what I needed. I was becoming so stressed from school that I began to neglect my creative side. All I want to do in the next ten days is relax, have fun, and breathe art.

Belle& sis

Also, if you would like to contribute to Femme in any way, email femmesubmission@gmail.com

19 comments:

Deanna said...

I hope you find all the adventure you were looking for in Oregon! Very inspiring photos.

{XOXO, Deanna}
{Sweet Happenstance}

Amber said...

have fun in Oregon. My husband and I traveled out there a few years ago and stayed for a month in Rockaway Beach. Its such a relaxing and inspiring place.

Carissa Clark said...

Lovely photographs :)
Good luck with your new adventures!!

April said...

I hope you enjoy the rest of your break! <3

Jane said...

Hope you have a great time in Oregon!

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Hope you have a fantastic time away! Sounds like you live in such a beautiful place though, i'd love to be near the beach :D
xxxx

tasha faye said...

wow wow wow. <3 i'm so excited for you! have all the fun in Oregon, love. to relax, have fun and breathe art sounds absolutely wonderful. also, i hope you had a merry happy christmas! xxx

The Cat Hag said...

The place you live sounds absolutely lovely. :)

Hope you had a Merry Xmas!


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Unknown said...

It's always nice to take time to appreciate the little things in life. Have fun in Oregon, Cassidy.

Olive

www.VisforOlive.blogspot.com

avthenas said...

I worship your beautiful blog ♥ "relax, have fun and breathe art" sounds fantastic! School destroys creativity too often. And yes, I had a lovely Christmas- hope you too.
Happy New Year!
xx

http://golden-mirrors.blogspot.com

Imogen said...

I hope you have a fun and relaxing time. Happy new year.

Michelle's Style File said...

These pics are so beautiful!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Have a blast! Happy (early) new year. x hivennn

VALERIE WANG said...

just loveeeee those gorgeous pics on your blog!!!thanks for your sweet words and hope u'll come visit me more often!!!<3

happy new year!!!!!!

http://lustforgourmandise.blogspot.com/


xxxx

Magda said...

I love these pictures. What is Femme?

misslikey said...

lovely words...

Alice Mary said...

I know exactly what you mean about where you live! I often think that if I visited my home town as a stranger I'd really like it but as a resident I just find it stifling. Hope you had a great time away! Home always seems that much sweeter after a break :]

Amber said...

I also feel the same way about where I live. There are things I hate about it, but there are things I really love. Like, just little things that could easily go over looked and I always remember not to take them for granted!

Lovely post :)

What is "Femme"? I may be interested in contributing.

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

Love the inspirational photos here :)

<3
K